Apple patches a significant Mac safety flaw in macOS Ventura 13.2.1
Apple on Monday launched macOS Ventura 13.2.1, a small replace to the most recent model of the Mac working system. The replace doesn’t include any new options, however the replace presumably accommodates a number of bug fixes and efficiency optimizations. Most notably, nevertheless, it contains three safety updates, not less than one among which has been actively exploited.
- Impact: An app might be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges
- Description: A use after free subject was addressed with improved reminiscence administration.
- CVE-2023-23514: Xinru Chi of Pangu Lab, Ned Williamson of Google Project Zero
- Impact: An app might be able to observe unprotected person information
- Description: A privateness subject was addressed with improved dealing with of momentary recordsdata.
- CVE-2023-23522: Wenchao Li and Xiaolong Bai of Alibaba Group
- Impact: Processing maliciously crafted internet content material could result in arbitrary code execution. Apple is conscious of a report that this subject could have been actively exploited.
- Description: A sort confusion subject was addressed with improved checks.
- WebKit Bugzilla: 251944
- CVE-2023-23529: an nameless researcher
The WebKit repair is can also be obtainable for macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey through Safari 16.3.1. macOS Version 13.2.1 comes three weeks after Apple launched Ventura 13.2 to the general public. 13.2 contains a number of new security measures, akin to assist for bodily FIDO-certified safety keys and the implementation of the Rapid Security Response updates. Apple will doubtless start testing macOS Ventura 13.3 shortly for launch within the spring.
How to put in the macOS Ventura 13.2.1 replace
To set up the replace, comply with these directions:
- Click on the Apple menu and choose System Settings.
- Select General within the left sidebar.
- Select Software Update in the principle part of the window.
- Your Mac will verify on-line for any obtainable updates. If the replace is accessible, an outline will seem. Click on the Update Now button to start out the set up. The replace will obtain to your Mac and the installer will run. The Mac might want to restart to finish the set up.