Apple releases first macOS Ventura 13.1 beta with new Freeform app
Just a day after launching macOS Ventura to all customers, Apple has seeded the primary developer beta of macOS Ventura 13.1. We anticipate the general public beta to observe inside a day or two. MacOS Ventura introduced a number of new options to the Mac, together with Stage Manager, Continuity Camera, and iCloud Shared Photo Library. Apple is predicted to launch a number of updates over the subsequent 12 months till macOS 14 arrives. For instance, macOS Monterey is on model 12.6.1.
What’s new in macOS Ventura 13.1?
Here’s what we all know is new within the newest macOS 13.1 beta. We’ll replace this part as new options and modifications are found.
Freeform app: The foremost new function within the first macOS Ventura 13.1 beta is the Freeform app. Announced at WWDC, Freeform is a whiteboard app for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac that allows you to work throughout units and share sketches, notes, recordsdata, internet hyperlinks, paperwork, pictures, video, and audio in real-time.
When will macOS Ventura 13.1 be launched?
It’s onerous to say when Apple will launch macOS 13.1, however it has promised that the Freeform app will arrive this “later this 12 months.” Apple can also be nonetheless anticipated to launch new Macs that can possible be operating the brand new software program, so we predict 13.1 will arrive in November.
How to put in the macOS Ventura public beta
To set up the newest macOS Ventura public beta and obtain updates as they arrive, your Mac must be enrolled within the Public Beta program.
- Click on the Sign Up button on the Public Beta Software Program web site.
- Enter your Apple ID data and log in.
- Click Enroll your Mac within the “Get Started” part of the web page.
- Click Download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility.
- Go to Downloads in your Mac and click on on the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility to open it.
- Run the installer.
- Go to Software Update in System Settings to put in the brand new replace.