Set up iOS 16.3 to get these essential safety features and bug fixes
Apple has launched iOS 16.3 to all customers with a number of new options, fixes, and safety updates for all iPhones working iOS 16. Users can replace to the newest model on their iPhone and iPad within the Software Update tab within the General part of the Settings app.
iOS 16.3 isn’t an enormous launch but it surely does carry just a few notable options, together with assist for safety keys for Apple IDs and the growth of Advanced Data Protection to customers outdoors the U.S. It additionally provides assist for the brand new 2nd-generation HomePod coming February 3, in addition to just a few new options for the first-gen HomePod and HomePod mini, reminiscent of temperature sensor readings (mini solely), remastered ambient sounds, a brand new Siri affirmation sound, and new audio tuning for spoken phrase content material reminiscent of podcasts. And along with watchOS 9.3, it provides the brand new Unity watch face and wallpaper in celebration of Black History Month.
It additionally brings anticipated bug fixes. One main one will restore no matter inflicting horizontal traces to look when some iPhone 14 units restart, and it ought to restore the Home app improve that was pulled in December. The latter repair might not seem initially however ought to roll out to customers over the approaching weeks as Apple was testing it within the newest beta.
According to the discharge notes, a number of different smaller options and fixes are additionally a part of the replace:
- Emergency SOS calls now require holding the aspect button with the up or down quantity button after which releasing in an effort to stop inadvertent emergency calls
- Fixes a problem in Freeform the place some drawing strokes created with Apple Pencil or your finger might not seem on shared boards
- Addresses a problem the place the wallpaper might seem black on the Lock Screen
- Fixes a problem the place the Home Lock Screen widget doesn’t precisely show Home app standing
- Addresses a problem the place Siri might not reply correctly to music requests
- Resolves points the place Siri requests in CarPlay is probably not understood accurately
The replace additionally features a dozen safety fixes, together with a critical Kernel bug that would enable an app to “execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges” and a Screen Time flaw that would enable an app “to entry details about a consumer’s contacts.”